Sunday, June 1, 2008

A weekend at home with Nick

This is our first full week with Nick since he arrived. We are switching back and forth on Thursday's at puppy class which is being held at Oak Chan Elementary School, a couple of blocks from home. I love that I won't have to drive to downtown Sac and scrounge for quarters the next couple of months, AND I have my Saturday's back! Yippie!

Nick had his 1st bath yesterday and he did great, staying still for the most part. He was a little uncomfortable with the blower (which is noisy and blows air), so I didn't dry him off all the way. We'll just take it a little bit at a time with that as it can be a little scary. Here's a picture of him in the bathtub. He and Hope played together in the dog run after his bath so he could dry off. Afterwards, he even let me dremel him, although by that point I think he was so tired he didn't care.

As far as Hope is concerned, she is hot and cold with the little guy, sometimes wanting to play, sometimes just ignoring him, sometimes teasing him with a toy in her mouth. The one thing that makes me happy is that she is playing nicely with him, remember this is the girl who spent her first month in Advanced Training on a leash in the playyard at CCI because of her rough play. She sometimes gets a little vocal, so I've been correcting her for that because I don't want her teaching him any bad habits.



All in all, I am pleased with how they have been getting along and think they will be just fine together. Hope doesn't even mind it when he comes to cuddle with her. I'm sure it won't be long until he is towering over her...

See what a good boy he is? Maybe one of these days I will even stop saying, "Good Girl" to him so much....



I swear everytime I look at this pup, I think he's grown!

No comments: