I can't believe how fast Nick is growing, it seems like every day he looks bigger than the day before! I know puppies grow fast at this age, but still! It's getting hard for me to lift him into my car (it's a two door) and get him in his crate, so today we worked on him jumping up on the car into the backseat on the floor and I'm still hoisting him into the crate (which is in the hatchback area with the backseats folded down). One step at a time...
Today, when I got home I tried to get him to jump off the cargo area onto the rear seat floor (it's a small car, its not that far), but he was hesitant. And, that's where Hope comes in. I got her to jump into the back seat with him and had her get out of the car, and he got so excited she was there that he followed her right out. We'll see if we continue to do this that he'll figure it out that it isn't that scary to get down off the seat on his own. That was Lesson One...
Hope seems to be warming up to Nick a little more each day and plays a lot more with him now. This makes me happy as she does a good job wearing him out. Well, he got a little rambunctious as they were playing together and how do I put this?...starting humping her...on her head, no less! Well, she was having none of that, she snapped at him and he screamed like a girl and she sent him sliding halfway across the floor (well, maybe not that far, but he was flying across the floor!) He promptly laid flat as a pancake with his head and chin down on the floor and didn't move as if he were saying to her, "I'm sorry Hope, I don't know what got into me..." I was laughing so hard, I was almost crying. And that, my friends, was Lesson Two for Nick today! Good girl Hope, you rock!
Tuesday, June 3, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment