Thursday, June 12, 2008

Heee's Baaaaack!!!!

And Hope is so happy he returned!

Tonight we had KPT puppy class at the school by my house. I can't believe how big Nick got in the week he was gone, holy cow! He's growing up so fast. He did really well in class tonight; its nice because most of the pups are around the same age so we are all at about the same stage in our training. Poor little guy...the dogs were hanging out in crates after doing a "crate games" exercise and apparently a bee made its way into his crate and he was moving around trying to get away from it. We got him out of the crate but couldn't tell if he got stung, but he was holding his paw up. He seems fine but I'll keep an eye on him just in case. Poor guy....

Nick was happy to play with his buddies in the school yard after class (its nice since its fully fenced). The pups all had fun chasing his brother Spencer, a cool little beagle he lives with at his other home. We also got a chance to say hi to Carlo who just came home from Advanced Training and is living with his puppy raiser. Carlo gave us one of his trademark smiles. It was so cute because Nick started hanging out with Carlo while the other dogs were running around; Nick and Carlo aren't the fastest kids on the block so it was nice for them to hang out together.

After class when I got home, Hope was right there at the front door ready to greet us. She was soooo cute, she immediately play bowed to Nick, picked up a toy in her mouth (an obnoxious (to me anyway, the dogs love it!) stuffed toy heart that says, "I love you") and tried to get him to chase her. Of course, he happily obliged. They played for a while and he eventually just collapsed and fell asleep on the floor.

I think Hope will be happy she has someone to play with for the next week....well, and so am I! :-)

No comments: