Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Our houseguest for the week


Hope and I have had the company of another CCI pup for the past week, Gerrit, who is about a month older than Nick. He and Nick are quickly becoming best buddies since I hang out with Gerrit's puppy raiser a lot, we go to KPT class with him, and Gerrit's puppy raiser and one of my co-raisers work at the same place so they get to see each other on a regular basis. It's cool that they will get to grow up together.

Gerrit has been a lot of fun to have around, in some ways, its like having Zucchini back. He's a of fun, always smiling, tail wagging (even when he eats, just like Zucchini). He's also a lot of fun to work with because he's so enthusiastic. 

Hope has been having fun playing with him, but at times she doesn't want to be bothered by him either; I guess it's a sign that she's growing up and maturing. Honestly, I never thought I'd see the day, she used to be like the energizer bunny and would play, play, play and get in trouble for being too rough with other dogs. We used to call it the "H-factor" as a few of her littermates were just like her.

Gerrit has gotten a lot of attention at work too. It's funny how much more attention the yellow dogs get, its been extremely evident over the past week. I've gotten stopped a lot more than when I have a black dog. Oh well, poor black dogs. Well, I only have one comment, the black dogs look better than the yellow dogs in the new scarves I just got them -- no offense Gerrit, we still think you are pretty darn cute though! ;-)

No comments: