At just about 12 weeks of age, Nick took his first big outing with me today. We met Nick's friends, Gerrit and Idelle at the "Build-a-Bear" store at Arden Fair Mall. We were a day late, because the store was donating $1 to CCI when you bought a certain type of stuffed animal, that ended yesterday, but we still went anyways as we thought it would be fun to take the pups there.
To tell the truth, I was really nervous about taking Nick since he is still so young. But he did great. I made sure to not give him much water this morning and we agreed to meet as soon as the store opened when it was less busy. I was also careful to potty him (not only once, but twice!) before we went in. All three of the pups did really well considering they are all pretty young (the other two are about 15 weeks old).
Here is a picture of Nick with his new friend (who even comes with an "Assistance Dog" cape)...

And, here is a picture of Nick with all his new friends...gee, can you tell which ones are real?? Poor Gerrit was disappointed that there were no yellow labs, he says he was discriminated against!

When we were getting ready to leave, I told the others, I'm heading for the exit and not stopping to talk to anybody until I'm safely outside! We made it out, no accidents, no freaked out puppies, and best of all, no embarrassed puppy raisers... :-)
Hope was very curious to check out the little black stuffed dog when we got home, I paid extra to get the dog stuffed with a little box in its leg that when pressed, starts barking. As soon as she heard it, she started play bowing to the dog! Funny girl...

No comments:
Post a Comment