Sunday, May 4, 2008

A weekend of fun

Yesterday was Zucchini's last "Big Dog" class, hard to believe she will be gone in a couple of weeks. It's such a mixed bag of emotions with this puppy. As much as she has put me through emotionally and financially over the past year and a half, she really is a sweet little dog who I have grown to love and much as I'd hate to admit it, I will miss that sweet little face of hers and that wiggling butt that wiggles like no other. I think Hope will miss her too, they have grown to be such good pals.

Our last class was held in Point Reyes, about a 2 hour drive from here where our CCI contract trainer lives. After class we had a picnic at Millerton Point, a great place to picnic and let the dogs run free. I went with a friend and her husband. All together we had 5 dogs, 3 of hers, and Hope and Zucchini. It was a full carload of dogs and people!

Unfortunately, I forgot my camera on the table at home so i didn't get any pictures of Hope at the beach. But, she had a great time running with the other dogs and rolling in the sand. Dang, I wished I would have had a camera to get a shot of her after her roll in the sand, half her face was full of sand and I think she got a mouthful of it too. Yuck! She (and Zucchini) were two tired (and filthy) dogs when we got home! I always worry about her playing rough with other dogs, but she did great, and even had a decent recall. That makes me happy because I have worked so hard with her on that as she had almost no recall whatsoever when I raised her as a puppy. Zucchini's recall yesterday on the other hand is another story...but this is Hope's blog so we won't get into that one! ;-)

Today, Sunday, I took Hope and Zucchini geocaching at Folsom Lake in the Beals Point area. We also found 6 caches! It's that time of the year when it's hard (and dangerous) to take the dogs because it is full of stickers, its tick season, and most of all, its rattlesnake season. For the most part, we stayed on the paved trails, but did have to venture off to find the actual geocaches. Hope and Z didn't seem to mind too much.

Here are a few pictures I took today (not very good quality) as they are from my camera phone:

Hope is laying down on the rock next the cache container...

Zucchini is in front, Hope in the back...

No comments: