Sunday, May 11, 2008

One last romp at the lake

The weather was so nice this morning that I couldn't resist taking Hope and Zucchini for one last romp at the lake. We went to Willow Creek, my favorite spot to put in our kayaks and was one Molly's favorite places to swim. We walked a mile or so on some of the trails off the bike path and I stopped at one point to let the girls swim. Lots of kayakers and rowers were out on the lake already and lots of cyclists were out on the bike trail.

"You know, we'd rather chase the stick than pose for pictures..."


I guess this was probably the first time I had been back to Willow Creek since the day I took Molly out here on her last day with me last December. I saw the hiking trail off the bike trail where I had taken her to find a geocache that day, so I took the dogs down the trail. The area looked so different than back then when it was almost a flourescent green from the recent rains, today it was all dry and there was poison oak everywhere so we didn't stick around too long. Coming back here brought back a lot of emotions of that day back in December, but honestly, they were happy ones. Molly had a good last day on this earth and I was glad to bring Hope and Zucchini to this place that will probably always hold a special place in my heart now. I hope that wherever Molly is now, she is happy that I returned with Hope and Zucchini to this special place we shared together that day...

"Leaves of three, let 'em be..." say Hope and Zucchini

No comments: