Last night was our last night at the library for the reading program as the next session won't be until the fall. Hope did her normal thing of rolling on her back getting a belly rub. Since it's Spring, no matter how much I brush her, she is shedding like crazy, it's just that time of the year. I was laughing as the first child to read to her was giving her a belly rub and holding the book with her other hand, she went to turn the page with the hand that was petting Hope, and then all of a sudden, there was gobs of black dog hair in the book and the poor little girls pants were covered with hair! Oops, I kinda apologized but she answered back that it was ok, she had a lint brush at home. She then brushed all the hair out of the book. Some things just don't matter. :-)
The second girl who read to Hope brought a book that she was reading on her own (rather than picking out a book from the table of books the library provides). It was what I thought a very advanced book with lots of hard words, I had to contain myself from busting out in laughter as she accidently thought the word "diamond" said "diarrhea"....haha, but it is not the handler's job to correct the child. Hope was enjoying her belly rub so much, she didn't notice the slight mistake made either....
Since this was the last night for a while, each dog was given a little gift bag containing dog cookies and a magnet with their picture (that was used on the bookmark given to each child). That was really nice...
Wednesday, April 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment