Saturday, May 10, 2008

A week of lasts

Hope and I are now heading into our last week together with Zuleika, its hard to think she will be gone in a week. For me, the last week is one of the hardest times in the puppy raising journey. You go through a lot of "lasts", last week at work, last trip to the grocery store, etc. I was at REI last night and somebody asked me how much longer I would have her, it was hard to answer that it was only another week...

Today was the start of that...our last weekend together. I decided Zucchini deserved some fun, I've been working a lot of hours the past month since I started a new position and she has been a trooper at work. Today we went to Folsom Lake in Granite Bay, hiked out a mile or so, and found a nice secluded area for them to swim. They both enjoyed chasing sticks in the water. Like everything else, Zucchini beat Hope to the stick most of the times. Poor Hope, she is just too slow to beat Zucchini in anything that requires speed.

This is my favorite picture from today...(Hope is on the left, Zuleika on the right)


A wet, soggy, happy Hope!

No comments: