Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Nick the Therapy Dog?

Nick says, "If Hope can do it, then I can too!"

First, a little background...In January, we moved into another building at work.  Last month, we were asked to introduce ourselves in a meeting to the other ~100 employees in the building so they would know who we were.  Of course, Nick was introduced to the crowd too and I told everyone that they were welcome to come pet Nick (with permission, of course!).

Well, today one of the Repair Techs in the building took me up on the offer I had made.  I was sitting at my desk and heard a faint "Excuse me, is Nick here?" behind me.  When I turned around, the guy said he could really use a dog-fix as he was having a bad day.  He just had a death in the family and he was missing his dog who he had just put down a month or so ago.  I released Nick and he cuddled with him on the floor.  He explained what was going on and I could tell he was rather sad.  It was just about the time to take Nick out for his mid-morning potty break anyways, so I asked the him if he wanted to go outside and play with Nick.  After Nick finished doing his business, I took off Nick's cape and leash and he probably played fetch with Nick for about 10 minutes or so in the parking lot.  

Yes, I broke a rule about taking off his leash in an unfenced area, but sometimes CCI rules are made to be broken.  Afterwards, he thanked me and said it really helped to relieve some of his stress. 

Good job Nick!... 

No comments: