This morning we went for a hike at Lake Natoma, it was beautiful out there, probably in the mid-70's and very green with lots of wildflowers. Today it was just Hope and I as Nick went back to our co-raisers. We probably hiked about 4 miles or so and Hope got to swim a little. It felt so good to be outside again!
I found some nice trails off the bike trails and Hope was happy to be off leash. I'm pleased that for the most part, she is happy to stay near me. It's starting to be snake season and there are lots of ticks out there, so keeping her close to the trails is a good thing.
Here is a picture of Hope near one of the trails we found...

At the edge of the lake with some outrigger canoes in the background that came zooming by; this was where we stopped to let Hope go for a swim...

A great day for a hike and swim! In fact, it was so nice out there this morning, I decided to take a long paddle in the afternoon to this very same place so that I could drop off a geocaching Travel Bug that is hidden nearby. See my geocaching blog for a few pictures (click here)...

A great day for a hike and swim! In fact, it was so nice out there this morning, I decided to take a long paddle in the afternoon to this very same place so that I could drop off a geocaching Travel Bug that is hidden nearby. See my geocaching blog for a few pictures (click here)...

No comments:
Post a Comment