Friday, October 31, 2008

Happy Halloween!

Happy HOWL-o-WEEN from Hope!...

Nick was at our co-raisers this week, so it was just Hope and I for Halloween this year. Since she isn't a CCI dog anymore, she was happy she just had to wear her Halloween scarf instead of a silly costume. 

I thought the little kids would get a kick out of her holding the candy bucket for me when we answered the door.  Well, that was a good idea for the first four or five kids that came to the door, but then she got lazy and kept dropping the bucket and spilling a bunch of the candy, so she ended up just helping me greet the trick-or-treaters at the door. When that got boring, she just stayed near the door. By the end of the night, she didn't even bother to get up off her dog bed. 

We only got about 50-60 trick-or-treaters this year, normally its closer to 100.  It was raining later in the evening so I think that had something to do with it.  My last trick-or-treaters were some pre-teen boys dressed up like the rock band KISS....I couldn't help but laugh at them when I opened the door as their make-up was getting all smeared and running together from the rain, they explained they were calling it a night after making their way down the street since it was starting to rain hard.  Anything for more candy - I guess...

No comments: