One of the things that I am required to buy for Hope for her crisis response work are booties since we could potentially be taking the dogs in disaster situations where there may be stuff on the ground that could hurt our dogs' paws (glass, hot asphalt, rocks). I borrowed our buddy Mason's booties to see how Hope would do in them before we went to the workshop this weekend.
I took it slowly with her knowing how sensitive she is to new things, so the first few nights I just put them on her feet and cradled her, she didn't walk in them at all. This was a little video I took of her with the booties on her two front paws (she will eventually have to get used to wearing the booties on all four paws). I didn't catch it on camera, but it was hilarious to watch her doing the "Bootie Dance" the first time she walked in doing the high-stepping motions with her feet.
Poor Hope, she has to wear not only a cape, but maybe booties at some point...she's probably wondering what is up with all these ridiculous clothes! I guess at last year's workshop, they actually had a little "bootie" session, this year we didn't do that although I think it would have been fun to watch the dogs do the "Bootie Dance".

No comments:
Post a Comment