Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Not just any old stick...

In honor of Molly's birthday yesterday, I bestowed upon Hope the honor of swimming with the special stick that belonged to Molly. I have been carrying this stick around since Molly was about 2 years old; which means its about 10 years old!  


Molly found this stick when I first started taking her out to Folsom Lake to swim and just made it hers for whatever reason. Its one of those sticks that wash up at the lake from the river flows. The great thing about it is it very buoyant and you can actually throw it out pretty far. I can't tell you how many tennis balls we lost at the lake, the stick makes a big enough splash that Molly was always able to see where it landed when I threw it in the water for her. The other great thing about it is that it is what I call a "two-dog stick"; meaning two dogs can easily grab it and bring it back in together. I used to take Molly's golden retriever friend, Luke, out to the lake to swim and they'd spend hours swimming back and forth with it!

Hope was very proud to chase the stick in honor of Molly! :-)

No comments: