Today, Hope taught me an important lesson about perspective. Things are just crazy at work right now, I was in the office by 5am and worked at a feverish pace non-stop all day. I was supposed to take Hope to Sutter Hospital at 10am, but got stuck on the phone and the time came and went.
Finally, at about 3:30, I gave up, I was brain-dead and couldn't think anymore. I felt bad that I missed taking Hope to the hospital as I had gotten her all ready last night (bath, brush teeth, dremel, ears cleaned, you name it) and she came into work with me. I decided I would take her to see one patient that I wanted to see as I had brought her a picture of a litter of puppies from the CCI breeder who we go to Sutter with.
Hope is always so happy to visit "her" patients. The patient got the biggest smile on her face when I gave her the picture of puppies. She asked if Hope could get on the bed with her, so Hope was happy to oblige...her tail was wagging back and forth the whole time. It was so cool to hear the patient say how much she likes when Hope comes to see her and that she must like coming here because her tail says it all because she was wagging so much. That really brightened my day and the craziness at work just didn't seem so important anymore. Seeing Hope on that bed doing what she loves made me change my mind and we actually went and visited a couple other patients.
Sometimes, it's all about perspective....
Friday, July 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment