We are in the middle of a sweltering heat wave, made worse by all the smoke that fills the air from all the wildfires. It was so hot when I got home from work, I gave Nick (& Hope) his first "calorie-free dog treats", AKA ice cubes. I made both of them lay down on their pillow as CCI dogs are not supposed to eat off the floor. Well, when it comes to ice cubes, some things just cannot be helped, so I just make them learn that they need to stay on the bed to eat the ice cubes. I also let the 30-second rule apply, if it falls on the pillow they can pick it up off the floor to eat it. Just don't tell CCI and nobody will ever know ;-)
Hope is contemplating whether the 30-second rule is in effect for that ice cube that fell on the carpet, I told her since she isn't a CCI dog, that rule doesn't apply to her anymore :-)

Nick enjoyed his first ice cube experience...although, now that he's starting to lose some of his baby teeth, we may end up with more teeth falling out...oh, and speaking of losing teeth, I found an itty-bitty-teeny-weeny one yesterday in his crate...wonder what the tooth fairy will bring him! Maybe more ice cubes....
No comments:
Post a Comment