Monday, February 15, 2010

River Bend redux

It was another beautiful day today and a holiday to boot, so I decided to take the dogs to the River again for more hiking, swimming, and geocaching. Today, we crossed the river and cached on the other side. It was a very scenic area that was full of lots of wildlife (herons, egrets, ducks, geese, jackrabbits, deer). I spent as much time taking pictures as I did geocaching. But I did find 8 geocaches today! We hiked 6 miles, although it didn't seem like that far as we stopped so often to look for caches and to take pictures. It felt so good to get out again!

We stopped at several places along the river to take pictures and to let Hope and Nick swim, well, mostly Nick swam...


This was one of the first places we stopped after crossing the river...



This was another cool place that we stopped at to let the dogs swim...


You can't see it very well, but there was a heron on the island across the way. We stuck around for a while as I was waiting to see if he'd take flight, but he never did... 


Same place, different angle, converted to black and white...


A fun couple of days with the dogs in the beautiful weather. They haven't moved all night! The baths will have to wait until tomorrow....

No comments: