Sunday, January 24, 2010

Our first walk - together again...

Since Nick came home last Thursday, its been raining so I haven't even had time to take him and Hope for a walk. This morning, it was finally clear, although it looked like at any time the sky might open up. I would have liked to have taken the dogs on a longer walk, but decided to stick close to home.

I'm happy to say Nick still walks nicely on leash, right next to me. That was the one thing about Hope that floored me the most when she came home from Advanced Training, she was totally forging and I had to work with her on that.

We only walked about an hour and since its rained so much I was surprised at how much the ponds near my house have filled up. My guess is that a lot of the rainwater from the neighborhoods flow into this pond. The ducks were happy too.

Nick is so much bigger than Hope as you can see in this picture!



The ducks are happy to be out too!



Luckily, the rain began after we arrived back home...

No comments: