Saturday, March 7, 2009

CPR and Snow Day

Nick had a busy day today...

In the morning, I took him with me to an American Red Cross CPR class in Rocklin.  I'm required to take CPR, First Aid, and Pet First Aid as part of our HOPE aacr training.  We listened to a lecture for about an hour first, then went into another room to practice CPR on dummies. There were a ton of people and Nick did great! I wish I would have had a camera with me as it would have been funny to get a picture of him with one of the CPR dummies....

After the class was over, we met Nick's buddies Gerrit and Carlo and their puppy raiser and drove together to Truckee for Snow Day, an annual event hosted by one of the our GRC Chapter's puppy raisers.  We got there late, so it was actually kind of nice as most of the dogs were worn out already so there wasn't a lot of crazy dogs out there playing.  Nick did great and loved carrying a toy in his mouth waiting for another dog to chase him.  What a good boy...

Ok, so black dogs and snow don't exactly go together very well, unfortunately this was my best shot of Nick...


And, here's a little video...

Nick is the black dog in the yellow scarf. The 3 dogs on the toy rope are Nick, Carlo and Shera. And, that's Nick's buddy Gerrit playing with the stick at the end...

No comments: