Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Reading and Holiday Lights?

How are these two things related? Hope, of course...

Hope and I went for our monthly visit to a local elementary school in Citrus Heights yesterday morning. She had nine 2nd and 3rd graders who each read to her for 20 minutes. A few of the kids had read to her last month, so it was nice for her to see them again. I just wish I were a little better about remembering their names. Hope seems to really enjoy the interaction and I enjoy the time doing this with her.

I had sent Nick off to a friend's house for a little change in his boring office work routine. After I picked him up and since I had Hope with me at work, I decided to do our walk at a local neighborhood near work where the houses are all decorated with holiday lights. It was a chilly evening, but nice to have something different to look at for our walk. Here are a few pics, not very good, but considering its two black dogs at night, what do you expect?

Here's Nick in front of the dancing Santa's that are motion-activated. The funny thing is I have almost this same picture of Zucchini when she was about 4 months old in front of these very same Santa's...

Here's a picture of Nick and Hope in front of one of the displays (this house had used the entire 3rd bay of a 3-car garage set up with this display)...

Even though it was cold, it sure beat walking around the same old streets in my neighborhood since I had to take the dogs for a walk anyway; at least it gave us something different to look at.

Happy Holidays!

No comments: