Wednesday, December 10, 2008

A day of reflection

It was a melancholy day today, one year ago today I bid a tearful goodbye to my sweet Molly after her almost 2 year battle with cancer.  She was not the first dog I ever had in my life, but she was the only one who was really truly mine.  Molly was not the most well behaved dog in the world, but she was certainly all golden and sweet as sweet can be.  She taught me a lot about dogs during her time on earth - both good and bad, and I don't know who controlled who. She certainly taught important lessons to all the CCI dogs who passed through my house.  

I will never forget you Molly, I hope that where ever you are, you have a huge lake to swim in, fields to run in, and plenty of counters to steal food from. I still think of you often and it still seems like yesterday when I had to say goodbye; it's hard to believe it has been a year. I will always treasure our last day together, it was a day spent like you lived your life, swimming, hiking, and chasing sticks.  Your tail was wagging even as we ended our journey together. Though I was sad to say goodbye, I also felt a sense of relief as you took your last breath knowing you wouldn't have to struggle anymore. No regrets...

Rest in peace, my sweet girl...I will always remember this picture of our last day together, you were definitely ready to continue your journey to the Rainbow Bridge...

No comments: