The funny thing is that every time I have taken her there, she doesn't ever play with any of the other dogs, she's more interested in sniffing EVERYTHING, just walking around with her nose to the ground. Sometimes she will fetch a ball, but mostly she is just interested in sniffing. Tonight was no exception....sniff, sniff, sniff. We played fetch for a little but she wasn't really interested in any of the other dogs.
Tonight these three HUGE great danes who had just entered the park came bounding towards her...she got totally scared, and screamed like I've never heard her scream before, her tail was tucked and she was low to the ground in a totally submissive position. I didn't want to make a big deal out of it, so I calmly called her over to me and she immediately went in between my legs. The owner of the Danes was totally nice and called his dogs when he saw what happened. I spoke to him for a little bit, he said the 3 dogs weighed about 130 lbs and that he goes through about 30-35 lbs of dog food a WEEK! Poor little Hope...to have 3 big dogs almost 3 times her size coming towards her must have been freaky...she must have thought it was a stampede!
The other interesting thing about Hope is that every time we've been to the dog park and there have been golden retrievers there, she is very interested in them and goes up to sniff them, but just the old ones. I keep wondering if she is looking for Molly because the ones she has been interested in are the ones who are older and gray in the face like Molly was. She must still remember her pal and is looking to see if it's her....

No comments:
Post a Comment