Monday, September 8, 2008

And speaking of Molly...

Yesterday I had the pleasure of meeting the new CCI pup, Molly VII, who was named after my Molly. Unfortunately, Molly's breeder caretaker has been unable to find out where Molly is headed when the puppies go out to their puppy raisers this week; she thinks she may be headed to the North Central region, but isn't sure. This litter seemed really nice, no yappy puppies, they seemed very easy going, ok with laying on their backs and cradling. There's nothing cuter than golden retriever puppies and this group was no exception.

Lately, I've been feeling the "urge" for another golden since Molly's been gone. It's hard to believe, but in December it will have been a year since I had to say goodbye to her. It's cool to know that there will be a CCI pup out there with her name. Molly was a great puppy raiser assistant for most of my CCI pups, so it's a fitting honor for her to have a pup named in her honor.

Here's the latest picture of Molly that her breeder caretaker took recently, pretty cute. Duh, I took my camera yesterday but got so busy picking up puppies and talking to Patty that I didn't even take my camera out. Good luck Molly VII, have a save journey to your puppy raiser...


Now that things have calmed down a little at work, I'm trying to make a point to leave work at a decent hour since I've been starting work so early in the day.  Today, I took Hope out to Willow Creek at Lake Natoma as it was such a nice day.  We had the place to ourselves, it was great.  I brought a tennis ball to throw for Hope, but she wasn't really interested in it. So we went in search of a stick; it took me 10 minutes to find a stick for her, but at least we found one.  She had a great time swimming and chasing the stick.  It also made me a little (ok, a LOT) sad to be out here with Hope as this was Molly's favorite place to swim; we spent a lot of time out here together.  All I could think about was how she loved being here. Hope did a great job taking her place though and we had a great relaxing time together this afternoon...hopefully Molly was looking down on us and smiling....





No comments: