
One of my friends who I used to work with told me about a "Woofstock" event being held in Rocklin this weekend showcasing booths about everything dog. She had a booth for her pet sitting business she had opened a few years ago, so we went to say hi to her as I haven't seen her for a while. I took Hope with me to the event as they were doing testing for AKC's "Canine Good Citizen" program which I signed her up for on a whim, not even knowing what it was about.
There were 10 tests, all of which must be passed in order to receive the CGC certificate. Hope passed all the tests with flying colors; in fact, it was pretty easy. Nice to have a well trained dog as I barely had time to read the requirements before we tested today. The test was very similar to the Delta Society test we took last year, basically walking on a loose leash with turns, stops, etc., performing "sit" and "down" commands, performing a "stay", walking through a crowd, not reacting to distractions or other dogs, coming when called, and staying with another person for 3 minutes with me out of sight.
So Hope has another title to add to her name, "Hope, CGC, Delta Society Pet Partner" :-)

No comments:
Post a Comment