Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Happy Birthday Zucchini

Today is Zuleika's (aka Zucchini) 2nd birthday!  She was the 4th pup I raised for CCI and she was turned in for Advanced Training this past May. A few weeks ago, she made her life decision, and that decision was that she didn't want to be a service dog.  

Although I was disappointed with her release, it was also no surprise.  Turning her in was extremely hard last May because I knew I wouldn't be keeping her and I knew when I said goodbye to her, it was likely going to be the last time I ever saw her again as I was going to have CCI place her.  CCI was interviewing prospective people for her and in the meantime a good friend of mine thought of some friends who would be the perfect match for her and they were made aware of her "issues". 

So about a week ago, she was adopted by them and its such a GREAT home for her.  She lives in Grass Valley, has her own pond to swim in, goes for 2-3 mile walks daily, and is loving life again.  I couldn't be more pleased with how things turned out for her, she will have a great life I'm sure.  As the old saying goes, "It's a match made in heaven..."  I also feel blessed as I will have the opportunity to see her sometime.  I hope she hasn't lost any of that wiggle of hers...

Here's a picture of her enjoying her new career...floating on the American River. It's a dog's life!

Happy Birthday Zucchini!


No comments: