Saturday, February 28, 2009

Playtime in between storms

This week I have been watching a friend's dog, Cara, for the week while her owner is on vacation. Unfortunately, it has also been raining so we haven't been able to get out much for walks or playtime.  Earlier this week I had to get a little creative as I could tell Hope and Cara needed to get their "ya-ya's" out.  Who needs expensive dog toys when a cheap 89 cent empty plastic bottle will do?



Nick came back home after puppy class last night, so today we were a houseful of black dogs. It was perfect weather for a nice long walk and playtime at the school yard near my house. Nick was so cute carrying the dog toy I brought along almost all the way to the school. Hope used to do the same thing as a puppy too... :-) Since my yard is so small, I use the school yard a lot to let the dogs play; its great as its fully fenced, so its safe for the dogs to be off leash. Hope helped me close the gates with the "push" command she learned in Advanced Training...



We actually went out for a couple of walks today as it was such great weather to be out and about.  I was amazed to walk by the ponds nearby out on the trails that were nearly full, a month or so ago, the ponds were practically bone dry.  I think all the water run-off from the neighborhoods drain into the ponds in these wetlands.  (L to R: Hope, Nick, Cara)


A different angle...


No comments: