My original intention was that I didn't want to get Hope too dirty because we have our reading program tomorrow and since she just had a bath on Thursday, I didn't want to have to give her another bath. Well, that all went out the window, we did stay on the trails, but it was dusty and muddy and I let her swim in the river for a bit, so she ended up getting dirty anyways.
We hiked for about 5.5 miles, the weather was beautiful, we hardly ran into anybody, and she didn't even try to eat any horse poop at all. She was happy to be off leash and pretty much stayed by my side the whole time. Not too shabby for a dog that had terrible recall as a pup.
About halfway through the hike, we made it to the South Fork of the American River, so I let her swim and chase sticks. My heart did skip a few beats one time as my aim was not too good and I threw the stick out a little further than intended and she got caught in some of the swift moving water a bit, but I was able to call her over and she made it back safely. After that, I made sure I only threw the stick in the eddy (calm part of the water). Phew....
It was a great day even though I had to give Hope another bath!

No comments:
Post a Comment