Friday, January 2, 2009

A day in the life...Hope at home

Well, I got yet another new gadget...a FlipShare video recorder, so I've been having a great time taking videos of the dogs. Here's a little glimpse of what Hope learned during her five months in Advanced Training, glad she listened to her trainers...

At mealtime, Hope picks up her food bowl (and Nick's too if he is home) for me to fill up. Nice that I don't even have to bend over to get the bowls now...


In the morning, Hope waits to close my bathroom drawers with the "push" command. Normally, I don't leave ALL my drawers/doors open like this, I just wanted to see if she could do it, she loves the "push" command.


Hope also likes to close my closet door with the "tug" command.


Hope knows how to open the refrigerator door too. Although in this video, she didn't get it quite right, after telling her to "tug" the door open, I told her to "hold" the rope in her mouth, but she let go which she wasn't supposed to do, oops....oh well, she's not perfect.



Hope also can open the patio door, something I never thought she would be able to do because that slider is so heavy. But, she does it. Good girl Hope!


And there you have it, a day in the life of Hope at home. I wouldn't make Hope "work" if she didn't enjoy it so much. But she really likes doing this stuff. Usually when I'm getting ready for work she will come over and wait by the closet or by the sink ready to close the closet door or close my drawers shut. If she is asleep in the bedroom and I call her she comes running. If I forget to have her do it, she sits there and stares at me with a look on her face like, "Hey, that's my job!"

No comments: