Hope and I met her buddy Maggie, who we met through pet therapy and who also likes to hike and geocache, at Lake Natoma's Negro Bar today after work. The intent was to have Maggie show Hope how to jump off the dock...well, Hope was having none of that and did her usual run back down the dock and go in from dry land! She earned a D-minus for her first lesson, it would have been a "F" had she not jumped in off the side -- once. She's just "HOPE-less"!...
Maggie, on the other hand, is an awesome jumper, just like our buddy Mason. We also met another black lab who was going out with his owner on a kayak. That's what I want to do with Hope! Here's a video of Maggie showing us her stuff...pretty cool!
When we got to the dock, there was a guy sitting on the dock so we let the girls swim off the ramp/gravel area. Hope kept sniffing around the gravel and when I looked, there was a dead baby rattlesnake right under her nose! Holy $#@%....good thing it was dead! The guy on the dock told us a dog had just been taken off to the vet as it had gotten bitten by a rattler about an hour before we arrived. Ok, that's now 4 rattlesnakes I've seen this year, and this is getting a little scary! Maggie has had a rattlesnake vaccine, maybe we ought to start thinking about it for Hope...YIKES...
Hope poses for a picture...
Hope and Maggie pose for a picture
I was disappointed these action shots came out blurry, hard to get those dogs in focus!



Hey Maggie, where'd you go?.... ;-)

A great way to end the day...I just wish we didn't have to worry so much about the rattlesnakes...




No comments:
Post a Comment