Friday, May 22, 2009

Throwdown...a dime?

On one of our Lend A Heart visits the dogs are individually introduced and we do a "dog and pony" show at the beginning of the visit of their "tricks" which ranges from performing obedience commands, catching a biscuit off their nose, etc. I never really taught Hope any fun "tricks" while I had her, so instead I use some of her service skills for this portion of the visit.

Hope learned how to retrieve things as small as coins off the floor, using the command "get". She has been able to retrieve coins off a carpeted floor, but has had some trouble picking up coins off a non-carpeted floor. Last week, our visit was outside so I had her try to pick up a quarter, knowing she might have some issues, but she did it! I was so pleased with her for doing it that I put it on my status line on my Facebook page. One of my friends then put a comment out there to try a dime now.

Sounds like a Throwdown to me and Hope was up for the challenge. I even captured it on video so I could put it on my Facebook page...here she is! :-) Good girl, Hope!



If Nick were smart, he would be paying close attention as he will be going through this training come August when he leaves for Advanced Training. Notice he doesn't even bother to lift his head!

No comments: